Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Valentine's Day

Our Valentine's Day was more like Valentine's week :) The Thursday before Valentine's Day I heard a knock at the door while I was doing dishes, and so I went to go get it. It was a package on the step, which I brought in since I knew my mom was waiting for a package. I looked at the name and was surprised to find the package addressed to me! Thomas had sent me a dozen long-stem roses! I totally got tears in my eyes... it was so sweet! And came at the perfect moment! It's nice to feel appreciated when you're at home all day, and most evenings, with two toddlers!
For Valentine's Day, I asked Thomas what he wanted for dinner, and he decided on pot roast. Easy enough for me! I decided to flip through a recipe book for dessert, and made the most amazing coconut creme pie I've ever had! Since we made it the night before, our Sunday Valentine's Day dinner was sooo easy! Just setting the table and serving! Evan, as you can see from the above picture, LOVED the pie! He has such a sweet tooth! Evan's more a meat and veggies kind of guy.
Just Martinelli's carbonated apple cider... no alcohol in this house!
This was a picture from Sunday... just Parker being cute. He loves getting all dressed up and going to church.
So, Saturday the 20th BYU had its annual Wyball, a free dance for married and engaged BYU students complete with Kneaders catering and free babysitting. We had so much fun! Parker was so excited to go to "YUB" to dance. The boys had a lot of fun, although Evan tripped and skinned his nose on that fantastic industrial carpet... So, Thomas and I had two fantastic hours to ourselves, then we hung out with the boys upstairs for a bit. We brought the kids into the ballroom on our way out and danced a few songs with the boys on our way out. Parker LOVED the lights and all the people dancing in the ballroom... I wish we could have gotten a picture of that look of pure joy he had on his face. Evan enjoyed it too, and kept pointing at everything saying "oooh!" He also enjoyed eating all the tomatoes he could get his hands on :) We all had a lot of fun, and Parker talked about it for days.

No comments: